Thursday, November 15, 2012

SVT's Walkup and Robinson Memorial Reservation

Today I took a lunchtime hike in Westboro, MA at the Walkup and Robinson Memorial Reservation.  This reservation has nice paths through woods right smack dab in the middle of a sea of office parks.  It is a nice break for the working people who want to get away from their cubes for a refreshing nature walk!

I found the woods to be devoid of bird activity.  I saw a small flock of American robins and several nuthatches, but besides that, it was a whole lot of quiet.




Meanwhile, back at home, a cute little tufted titmouse and black-capped chickadee both came in to check out the bagel on the back deck.






I saw a Downy Woodpecker pecking away at our old play structure out back, too.  Yes, it is time to take that down.  My son is driving now!  But where will I hang my bird feeder after it's gone?


No comments:

Post a Comment