Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chickadee and Cardinal

OK, sometimes there are no interesting birds out when I am out.  It is those times that you just have to look around for other things to photograph, or take photos of the common birds.  Today's photos are a little of both, but I do like the cardinal photo.  Every time I see a cardinal these days, I think of my friend Deb from British Columbia, who has never seen one except in photos.  I think she'll like this one!  It reminds me that birds that I find common may still be interesting to those who don't see them!

 Black-capped Chickadee, the Massachusetts State Bird


 Bittersweet
(I've seen robins and bluebirds eating this during the winter months.)


 Aren't these cute?  They make me want to look around for a tiny troll.


 Northern Cardinal (male) looking very fine 


Still a few pretty leaves left

2 comments: