Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Warblers

This morning, in the pouring rain, I spotted a beautiful Yellow-rumped Warbler in the tree outside my office.  It had taken refuge under a thick canopy of oak leaves and was attempting to dry out its feathers.

Later, I drove over to Cushing Memorial Park in Framingham during my lunch hour, hoping to see more warblers....I was not disappointed.  I didn't even make it halfway down the path between the parking lot and Barbieri School before Pine Warblers and Yellow-Rumped Warblers came into view.   I saw a couple types of sparrows as well.

It was still overcast and threatening to rain, sprinkling a little bit as I walked around.  Of course, once my lunch hour was over, the sun came out!  I would have loved to have spent more time there, trying to photograph these beautiful little migrants!

 Yellow-rumped Warbler


Pine Warbler


 Yellow-Rumped Warbler

 Yellow-rumped Warbler

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

same

and again

 I tried to sneak up on them to get a closer view, but they always seemed to know exactly where I was.

 Pine Warbler

Yellow-Rumped Warbler


ditto


 Song Sparrow

 Field Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow (the pinkish bill fooled me on this one)
(I am easily fooled)

Pretty foliage right next to the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment