Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nature Resolution

This blog came about as a result of a 2012 resolution I made to try to photograph wildlife on a daily basis.  It's pretty easy if you try, if you are feeling good, if the weather cooperates, if there aren't schedules getting in the way, etc.  You get the point.  It isn't that easy.  Especially when you work full time.  But.....I have come to find out it is possible.

The light was pretty this morning so I headed over to Hopkinton State Park to try to capture the sunrise.






The geese were sleeping in the open water in the middle of the icy lake.  About midway through the sunrise, the geese began honking and then all took off and flew around the lake.  I loved how the rising sun lit them from below.





I made a quick stop at Wildwood Cemetery in Ashland to look for bluebirds.  No bluebirds this morning, but I did see a nice tree full of Juncoes and the sky to the north was full of pretty stripes.




All in all, a good start to a work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment