Friday, October 4, 2013

Morning at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

I spent about an hour at Breakneck Hill this morning, enjoying the sunrise and also a nice bunch of birds, including lots of migrating warblers.  I only wish I had been there with a birding expert who could have identified them.  I was able to pick out Palm Warbler and Yellow-Rumped Warblers, and besides warblers, I also saw multiples of European Starling, Blue Jay, Eastern Phoebe, Chipping Sparrow, House Finch, Song Sparrow, Mourning Dove, Downy Woodpecker, Eastern Bluebird, and Northern Mockingbird.  It seemed as if there were birds in every tree, lots of chipping and squeaking, and it was fun to try to get looks at them with my binoculars or camera.


The sun was out for about a half an hour.  That may be it for today!

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Eastern Bluebird and Yellow-Rumped Warbler
(had to lighten this one and I don't like the way it looks)

mystery warbler

Downy Woodpecker

more warblers


Yellow-Rumped Warbler (finally a closeup!)

warbler

a treeful of what I think are mostly European Starlings



Song Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment