Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winter Shadows

OK.  Cabin fever has officially set in.  I forced myself to get out of the house (and beyond the driveway) in search of a place to walk in spite of the deep snow.  First, I drove to Hopkinton State Park.  You wouldn't believe how many times I have driven past the beautiful shadows on the roadside near the entrance.  Today I stopped to photograph it.   It is SOOOO pretty!


Closeup!

So pretty!  I should never have driven past this!!

Next, I drove over to the reservoir in Southboro.  The water was completely frozen over, and there was no place to park.  I drove on to Rural Cemetery and parked there and walked a bit.  There were a few nice birds around to entertain me.

Blue Jay

Yet another brook buried beneath the snow.


Northern Flicker

Song Sparrow

I also saw a Downy Woodpecker, a Brown Creeper, Black-Capped Chickadees, and American Robins at this stop.  It felt good to get some exercise and fresh air!  Note to self:  cemeteries are excellent destinations after major snowstorms. 

Back at home, the Carolina Wrens were determined to win me over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment