Wednesday, December 10, 2014

After the Nor' Easter

Yesterday, we had a lot of heavy rain all day long.  The birds most likely took shelter from the storm, waiting it out.  Today, although it was still raining, the birds came out of hiding and were doing some serious searching for food.  Out my front window, at the same time, I saw:

American Robin 24+
Black-Capped Chickadee 1
Blue Jay 2
Dark Eyed Junco 1
Northern Cardinal 2
Northern Flicker 2
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-Throated Sparrow 1

They were all pretty much in the same area, pecking around in my garden, plucking bittersweet berries and holly berries, and lifting up leaves.  It made me wonder if it was actually warm enough for earthworms.  The Robins were also bathing in a temporary stream that was flowing next to the driveway.

It strikes me funny when there are birds hopping up and down my front steps.  I half-heartedly wait for one to ring the doorbell!  They were on the steps, on the railing, in the garden, on the walkway, on the fenceposts, in the trees and shrubs, and on top of the telephone pole.  I hope they found enough to eat!

 Northern Flicker

again

Dark-Eyed Junco

White-Throated Sparrow

These pictures stink, but I am not willing to risk damage to my camera by going out in the rain.  I am really missing the sunshine!  I hope we see it again some day soon!  On the radio this morning, they actually referred to it as "cloudrise" rather than sunrise.  I am not the only person tired of this weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment