Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ospreys and more

George and I walked at Waseeka in Hopkinton at lunchtime today.  It was beautiful weather:  bright sunshine, 70s and a nice breeze.  We saw lots of interesting wildlife.

This frog was not the least bit afraid of me.

White Water Lilies are all through the pond.  So pretty!  The photo doesn't do it justice.

Osprey a/k/a Fish Eagle (with fresh fish)

I think there are babies in the osprey nest!  One of the parents just delivered the freshly caught fish.

I think I saw my first Kingfisher (w/ a fish in its beak), but can't be sure because I didn't get a good crisp photo.   (Click to enlarge) Must hope for a 2nd chance to photograph this bird on another hike!

We saw two beautiful, fresh Great Spangled Fritillaries  (my first of this year).

Also, one tattered, worn old American Lady.


Last, but not least, we nearly stepped on this frog as we headed out.

Eastern Leopard Frog

Wild Blueberries!

Oh, we also saw a White Egret, way on the other side of the water.  I couldn't get a good photo, but I have never seen one of those around here before, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment