Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge

Took a walk at 8AM this morning in Concord at Great Meadows, hoping for some wildlife sightings worthy of a picture.  I was not disappointed.  It was hot, hot, hot and I dressed in long pants and long sleeves expecting bugs to be a problem.  There really weren't any bugs!

This was the first time I walked on the causeway and found Canada geese along the trail, in groups.  They hissed nastily as I passed, and it really got my heart rate up!  Other people seemed more used to them, or at least confident that they were not "attack" geese!

I saw more Great Blue Heron here today than I have ever seen in one outing.  They are really a fun bird to watch!  Good fishing!

(Click on any photo to enlarge)



What is that swimming next to this GBH?


Northern Black Snake



 Wood Duck Mama and three "teens"

 Monarch (1st sighting of 2012)

 Eat...

 and fly!

I heard a rustling in the leaves just as I was nearing the parking lot.   I stopped to check it out and found this adorable little bunny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment