Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Back to BHCL

The clouds starting breaking up just about the time I wanted to take my lunch break, so I took a walk at Breakneck Hill and had very good nature sightings!

Eastern Tailed-Blue
(in the mud in the parking lot)

a bloom in the new pollinator garden

first of year Common Wood Nymph!

another Eastern Tailed-Blue

Queen Anne's Lace is starting to bloom

Monarch!!

Downy Woodpecker
I also got a very grainy photo of it coming out of this hole.

Baltimore Oriole

Indigo Bunting

Snowberry Clearwing Moth


Gray Hairstreak

Again
I included this picture because I love how the false eyes at his rear are highlighted.

again, just because

Eastern Bluebird
Oh, please, look this way!

After work, I went back for a second helping of BHCL beauty.  

Gray Catbird

Great Spangled Fritillaries

again

Grapeleaf Skeletonizer Moth

 Either Grape or Rose Plume Moth on Dogbane

Little Brown Job (a skipper butterfly, variety unknown)
I think it is a Tawny-Edged Skipper


Black Raspberries  -  Yum!



I love this land.  So pretty and so full of treasures!


No comments:

Post a Comment