Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Visit to Drumlin Farm

Drumlin Farm is a pretty place!  Here are the highlights from my hike:


Clouded Sulphur

Prairie Warbler (my first fall migrant)


Cedar Waxwings (adult and juvenile)

juvenile Cedar Waxwing

American Goldfinch

another

Only one hollyhock in bloom, but it was a beaut!

another American Goldfinch


and another

I had fun trying to get as close as I could to them while they were ransacking the seeds out of these coneflowers.


Great Spangled Fritillary

House Finch (I think) enjoying the ripe berries

Eastern Bluebird bashing its afternoon snack

The view of Mt. Wachuset from the top of the drumlin

Eastern Phoebe

This is a HORRIBLE shot, but I was so shocked to see a Red-Breasted Nuthatch that I had to include my only rotten photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment