Friday, July 15, 2016

Another Humid Day

The news is so depressing this week.  Add to that the fact that I had been missing some walks due to the weather, so today I forced myself to get out early to be sure to get a walk in before work.  It is like medicine for me, and I was in need of some!  It was a great way to start the day and the morning was so full of beauty and peace, very good things to focus on.

  


  

Common Wood Nymph

Halloween Pennant

  

Baltimore Oriole (juvenile, I think)

American Robin (juvenile)

another Baltimore Oriole drying off

Song Sparrow

Yet another phase of summer has started.  Milkweed blossoms have faded and seed pods are already forming, and Goldenrod is just beginning to bloom.

American Copper

American Crow


Red-Winged Blackbird

American Goldfinch


I also had a fleeting view of a Scarlet Tanager and a family of Eastern Bluebirds,  but they disappeared into a huge oak tree not to be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment