Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall Foliage at Hopkinton State Park

After a day of pouring rain and dark skies, the weather finally broke late afternoon.  I drove over to Hopkinton State Park to take a look around.  A lot of other people had the same idea.  The leaves were quite lovely.  The killdeer were still in the drained lower beach, although in lower numbers (probably only about a dozen), and I did not see any other species among them.

View from the dam:





View from the shore:







Belted Kingfisher (on top of sailboat)

I was trying to move closer to him to see if I could get a cleaner shot when a limousine pulled in to the boat house and a bride, groom and wedding photographer jumped out and went to the dock area to take  what I imagine would be some beautiful photos!  Off went the Belted Kingfisher.....


No comments:

Post a Comment