Sunday, February 2, 2014

Foggy Start

I carefully checked the hourly weather reports to decide whether to head north or south.  Duxbury showed sunshine from 8AM on, so I went south.  I made it about as far as Hingham when I hit fog....dense fog.  The sun did eventually break through, about 9:00, but it was a cold, damp start.

I didn't find any Snowy Owls today.  A woman told me that they go to the far end of the barrier island when it's warm, so that's one negative aspect of the warmer temperatures today.  It's too far for me to walk all that way, and I don't have a permit so can't take the car.  I had to be content with what I saw on my usual walk, which wasn't much:  

American Crow
Brant (#61)
Bufflehead
Canada Goose
Common Eider
Common Goldeneye
Common Merganser (#60)
Great Black-Backed Gull
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Red Breasted Merganser
Rock Pigeon

Red-Breasted Merganser (female)
with fresh catch




The sun finally began to burn through.....Boy, one thing I found out is that fog sure highlights every dirty spot on my camera lens.  Time for a thorough cleaning.



Common Eider (female)


No comments:

Post a Comment