Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quincy Salt Pannes

Yesterday I went to Quincy to walk the Salt Pannes.  I had never been before but had read about it on the South Shore Bird Club's blog, and I wanted to give it a try.  They said it offered a combination of good birding and a nice view of Boston.



The sun had broken out at home, but as I drove east, I ran into the heavy cloud cover again.  Eventually, the sun caught up with me, but the above view wasn't so pretty with the clouds.  (I personally don't think it's one of the nicer views of Boston that we have to choose from, anyway.)

Great Egret flyover


Osprey


Snowy Egret



and two


This was my favorite sighting!



Killdeer


Northern Mockingbird
(the watchful parent)


Northern Mockingbird
(the fledgling)


together



No comments:

Post a Comment