Saturday, August 6, 2016

Historic Zoar Village

Robin and I visited Historic Zoar Village.  It was yet another possibility for me to selfishly look for butterflies!  It is wonderful that so much of this town has been preserved so well.  I wish they could afford to put their electric wires underground!



The village gardens

Robin explained that the tall tree in the center represents Christ, and there are 12 shorter trees in a ring around it, symbolizing the disciples.  The garden had sections for vegetables, herbs, fruit trees, fruit bearing bushes, and many beautiful flowers and was, in fact, a good spot for seeing butterflies.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Silver-Spotted Skipper

Viceroy


Red-Spotted Purple

  

Spicebush Swallowtail



I am a sucker for old glass.


See the Swallowtail?



My favorite, but spoiled by wires.  Did you notice the beautiful roof?


Closeup of this roof

Took this one for my sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment