Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Visit to Tower Hill Botanic Garden

Today was yet another in a series of very hot, humid days, but I really wanted to visit Tower Hill Botanic Garden and see if I could find some good butterflies.  Birds were actually more interesting subjects than butterflies on this visit, and I always try to be open to whatever Mother Nature presents. Here are the highlights:

American Goldfinch



  

  

  


Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

  

another view of the same Hummingbird


I stopped and sat in the shade awhile, hoping a hummingbird would come nectar in a tubular flower near me.  It didn't, but when I looked up, I discovered my first Mourning Dove nest!


American Goldfinch

Spicebush Swallowtail

Eastern Bluebird 
(panting to regulate temperature)

another Spicebush Swallowtail



Northern Mockingbird




It was hot, but beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment